[Building Sakai] roster photos in 2.8.1

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Jun 14 23:51:15 PDT 2012

Hi, Ron.

I have a very similar issue with Sakai 2.9.x and this issue has happened
to others in the past, as it can be seen at this JIRA (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PRFL-90?focusedCommentId=101997&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-101997
)

With these properties:

profile2.picture.type=url/upload
profile2.official.image.enabled=true
profile2.official.image.source=url
profile2.official.image.attribute=jpegPhoto

and the URL added at PROFILE_IMAGES_OFFICIAL_T, I can switch between
official and uploaded photos at Profile2 preferences, but Roster only
shows the uploaded one.

In fact, when I switch to official photo at Profile2, Roster doesn't
show any photo at all.

I don't know if it is needed an extra configuration to make Roster works
with official photos, but it seems that others have them in Roster with
no problem.

Best regards.

Ron Peterson escribió:
> I'm trying to use url's to official photos instead, but those don't
> show up either.  I've inserted a record for my profile like:
>
> insert into profile_images_official_t ( user_uuid, url ) values (
> 'my_uuid', 'https://aserver.mtholyoke.edu/pictures/me.jpg' );
>
> I have configured sakai.properties like:
>
> profile.manager.integration.bean=org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager
> profile2.picture.change.enabled=false
> profile2.privacy.change.enabled=true
> profile2.picture.type=official
> profile2.official.image.enabled=true
> profile2.official.image.source=url
>
> After restarting tomcat, I still see no official photo for my profile
> when I select 'Use University Id Picture' on my profile page.  Also,
> even though have profile2.picture.change.enabled=false, I still have
> the option to either display 'None', 'Use University Id Picture', or
> 'Use Picture URL' in my profile page.  That doesn't seem right either.
>
> What might I be doing wrong here?
>
> -Ron-
>

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Ron Peterson <rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
> <mailto:rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu>> wrote:
>
>     I'm having trouble w/ roster photos using the new profile2 setup
>     in 2.8.  I have jpegPhoto in my ldap records, and I'm mapping this
>     attribute in jldap-beans.xml
>
>         <bean id="edu.amc.sakai.user.LdapAttributeMapper"
>                 class="edu.amc.sakai.user.SimpleLdapAttributeMapper"
>                 init-method="init"
>                 singleton="true">
>
>           <property name="attributeMappings">
>             <map>
>             </map>
>           </property>
>
>     My sakai.properties files contains:
>
>     profile.manager.integration.bean=org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager
>

>     profile2.official.image.enabled=true
>

>     profile2.official.image.source=provider
>

>     profile2.official.image.attribute=jpegPhoto
>
>     My rosters still show empty photos (No Official Photo is
>     Available)  however.  What am I missing?
>
>     -Ron-

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
El problema de tener una mente abierta es que la gente insiste en entrar
dentro y poner allí sus cosas. (Terry Pratchett)