[Building Sakai] DynaBeanAdapter can't be cast to FieldAdapter

D. Stuart Freeman stuart.freeman at et.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 8 06:34:58 PDT 2012

When starting up my 2.8 instance I'm seeing the following in the log:

WARN: Failed to instantiate field adapter (class org.azeckoski.reflectutils.beanutils.DynaBeanAdapter), will continue without the dynabean adapter: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.azeckoski.reflectutils.beanutils.DynaBeanAdapter cannot be cast to org.azeckoski.reflectutils.beanutils.FieldAdapter

Which seems reasonable, but then BlogWow gets loaded and we get:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.impl.entityprovider.EntityProviderAutoRegistrar' defined in file [/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/entitybroker-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.entity.BlogRssEntityProviderImpl#0' defined in file [/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/sakai-blogwow-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.BlogLogic' while setting bean property 'blogLogic'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.BlogLogic' defined in file [/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/sakai-blogwow-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.ExternalLogic' while setting bean property 'externalLogic'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.ExternalLogic' defined in file [/opt/sakai/tomcat/components/sakai-blogwow-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.sakaiproject.blogwow.logic.ExternalLogicImpl]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to instantiate field adapter: class org.azeckoski.reflectutils.beanutils.DynaBeanAdapter

and then a stack trace that I'd be happy to put on pastebin or something
if necessary. And the failed bean resolution of course stops everything.

Has anyone seen this before, or have an idea of the cause?

--
D. Stuart Freeman
Georgia Institute of Technology