[Building Sakai] custom entity broker for http delete

Marc Savitsky marc.savitsky at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 08:31:39 PDT 2012

I need to write a custom entitybroker method to remove a resource.

I have tried to use http delete, for example

curl -v -X DELETE -u "admin:admin"
http://localhost:8080/direct/content/group/9c57a615-c92a-4879-baaf-3ec8df262b16/myFolder/myfile.txt/removefile?__auth=basic

but entity provider doesn't like the slashes in resource id and
entityExists is called with a truncated string.

Does anybody know if it is possible to use a http delete in the case
where the resource id contains slash characters?
Or can anybody suggest another way that I should be looking at to do this?