[Building Sakai] blti tool question

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Wed Jul 25 07:44:17 PDT 2012

Chris,

If you are talking about the External Tools portlet, that code is really simple.  If you add the tool to a site, configure a launch, and do a launch - you have pretty much touched all the code.  If it compiles, runs and passes those tests you are pretty good to go regardless of Sakai version and Kernel version.  The only weirdness is a Kernel change to allow events with more detail.  But if you do a launch and check to see that the event came out correctly - you are good to go there as well.

If you are talking to the External Tool Extension to Site Info to support Lessons (Builder) and make general placements, that is much trickier.  If you grab a later copy with the Site Info bit in it, just hide it - it is not essential until you use Lesson Builder.

I am on a plane or I would tell you what property it is.

/Chuck