[Building Sakai] dividing Sites into categories

Brian Armstrong brianarm at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 19:56:48 PDT 2012

I need to somehow group the list of Joinable Sites into categories.  Whether
that is with roles, permissions, groups, or whatever.  Our site is
completely self registering, and when a new user signs in, they need to see
that certain sites apply to only certain users (they will know who they
are).  I just don't want them to have to search through the entire list of
sites.

Is this a custom coding issue?  Is there some way to set this up just using
the admin site?  It seems like if Sakai is geared toward institutions, there
would be a straightforward manner to separate into departments\colleges\etc.
Am I just missing something?

Brian Armstrong