[Building Sakai] Sakai Gamification (Profile2, Badges, etc)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Jul 23 19:17:16 PDT 2012

It looks like with a lot of the work and infrastructure that Mozilla and
others have been setting up that it's more a question of figuring out what
things you want to award badges for and what you want to on the badge
design.

Would it be something more automatic and based on some predefined criteria
like Khan Academy or something awarded by professors similar to the Moodle
Stamp module [1]. In either case, a lot of planning would have to go around
what to award for, and while it's possible it might appear in profile(2) it
would probably be something separate.

http://dmlcompetition.net/ has been running competitions for a number of
years about this and feel like they might be close to getting to some
standard, though most of the competitions have been pretty specific. I'm
looking forward to when http://www.badgestack.com/ releases their code as
they are already LTI and "look" like they've got good stuff too.

[1]  http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Stamp_Collection_module