[Building Sakai] Changing Profile2 Privacy Settings Default Value

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:11:46 PDT 2012

Hi William,

This is already configurable so you don't need any of your code changes:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PROFILE/Profile2-Settings

# Allow users to change their privacy settings? (true/false, default true)
profile2.privacy.change.enabled=true

# Override the default privacy settings with these options
# This will set the defaults for a person with no existing privacy record
# or when the privacy settings are locked (change.enabled=false)
# Key: 0=everyone, 1=only connections, 2=only me, 3=nobody
# If not specified, all properties below default to the values below
# Also note not all properties have the full range (0,1,2,3). Each is documented underneath the property itself.

profile2.privacy.default.profileImage=0
# 0,1 only
profile2.privacy.default.basicInfo=0
# 0,1,2
profile2.privacy.default.contactInfo=0
# 0,1,2

... and so on.
There is one for each setting. Note that is a cumulative document and contains all properties for all versions with notes on each so take what you need.

cheers,
Steve