[Building Sakai] Recepients list in Private Messages drafts

George Pipkin gpp8p at Virginia.EDU
Mon Jul 16 12:46:51 PDT 2012

Hi -

    I've noticed something about msgcntr's private messages and I wonder if
it is a bug or a feature.  When you save a draft of a private message,
the selected
recepients is not saved.   I've traced this into
PrivateMessagesTool.processPvtMsgSaveDraft(),
and I see the the selectedComposeToList come in from the screen, but
nothing from it
appears to be persisted anywhere.  I can see why this might be the
actual intention of
the code - it being a draft, the sender might wish to defer this
decision untill the
draft is actually sent.  However, some of our users would like to have
this saved
along with the rest of the message, so I wondering if the failure to do
so is a bug
or a feature.

                                             - George Pipkin
                                                 U.Va.