[Building Sakai] Blackboard work

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Jul 13 07:41:34 PDT 2012

Hi Adrian, good to hear

Here's the filter for the general CLE Blockers/Unresolved
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13113

Not all of these affect 2.9, so these lists may be slightly longer. However
because jira isn't routinely curated, many of the fix and affects versions
aren't always correct, especially for unresolved issues. This hopefully
will improve when the CLECC starts up in a few weeks.

Sam and I were talking and believe that to get the 2.9 release out,
*minimally* we should have
1) No unresolved 'non-security' (regular) blockers which affect 2.9
2) No unresolved security blockers/criticals which affect 2.9
3) No outstanding merges

This also doesn't necessarily mean *fixing* everything. It does at least
mean looking at every issue that currently meets these criteria,
determining if it affects 2.9, if the priority is appropriate, and for
branch managers if it is a candidate for merging. Some of the blockers are
just quick cleanup/documentation. Some of them are pretty involved.

I know Michigan (specifically Chris Kretler) has been working at times with
load testing and it's certainly something we could use more of in the
community versions of the code. I'm not sure if any of his code would be
useful to your efforts or not.

Also, If you can somehow shift an hour from your Friday occasionally to
attend the 2PM GMT release meeting it could be occasionally helpful.