[Building Sakai] Blackboard work

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:03:12 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I'm working on Fridays henceforth for Blackboard, focusing primarily on
fixing 2.9 blockers. I'll be prioritising stuff I'm already involved with
as I can obviously sort those out quicker but that doesn't mean I won't
work on other stuff that's crucial to getting 2.9 out of the door. Any
suggestions welcome.

In the background of all that Chuck's asked me, on behalf of Blackboard to
look into load testing the portal chat and to investigate unifying the JMS
type frameworks in use in trunk and 2.9. By that I mean things like the
MessageService's use of AMQ and portal chat's use of JGroups. One of the
desirable outcomes of load testing portal chat will be a stress test of
whatever framework is in use. I know there have been many spells of
activity in this area so, again, any suggestions definitely welcome.

I'm thinking  that maybe we can have multiple implementations of
MessageService using differing transport frameworks so that we can them
with Bb's beaudacious cloudy test bench.

Cheers,
Adrian.