[Building Sakai] External User search in Sakai

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 04:34:30 PDT 2012

Hi Jaco,

They are the ones it is meant to find. It doesn't search external users only the internal ones added to the sakai _user table. However you should also have a corresponding entry in sakai_user_id_map for each user.

You mentioned earlier that you have separateIdEid as false, which means the ID and EID are the same. Any reason for that? I believe that prevents the UUID from being generated for a user and so the search is not coping. Though it should still work around that. Could you file that as a bug?

thanks,
Steve