[Building Sakai] Lesson Builder and Assignment 2

Nkululeko Phakela Nkululeko.Phakela at wits.ac.za
Thu Jul 5 04:04:46 PDT 2012

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the explanation. We have a situation where we wanted to add Assignments2 also in Lesson Builder. So there was some configuration that needs to be changed.

I did all that. The steps are documented quickly on this blog: https://elearn.wits.ac.za/blog/2012/07/02/lesson_builder.html

Everything worked fine on the localhost and dev machine. Now on the QA server, we have two nodes, and Lesson Builder is not picking up assignment2 sometimes, and sometimes it does depending on the node you are on.

I'm trying to get a handle on this problem but I know that each time tomcat starts I see
     haveA2 = false.

I looked at the code and in init method in Lesson Builder there is,

if(ToolManager.getTool("sakai.assignment2") != null)
    haveA2 = true;

I might be missing something small.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,