[Building Sakai] Lesson Builder and Assignment 2

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Thu Jul 5 03:44:15 PDT 2012

Servlet containers load web applications (war files) in an
unspecified/undefined order. Generally they are not supposed to depend on
each other so load order should not matter. In practice, the order is
typically alpha or file timestamp based depending on the filesystem.

The Sakai component manager load order is controlled by Spring which
manages all the services (start, stop, etc.). It manages the complete
lifecycle and builds a start order graph based on the inter-service
dependencies.

I suspect that lessons is checking for classes or something non-service
based as a way to detect if a tool exists. This mechanism won't provide any
hints to the Spring AC so it won't know to start the lessons component late
enough to pick up on the assignments 2 components.

-AZ