[Building Sakai] How to add a tool for admin only in mySites

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:55:58 PST 2012

Hi,

In the tool registration you can set what site types the tool is available to, and also any permissions that are required to view the tool. e.g.:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/swinsburg/sakai-maven-archetype/archetype/trunk/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/tool/src/webapp/tools/sakai.__parentArtifactId__.xml

Alternatively, install the tool normally then stealth it. It will only be available to add via an admin user. In all cases, the tool should do role based permission checking to ensure that if someone DID get access, then they can't actually use it.

cheers,
Steve