[Building Sakai] Can I Upgrade Search from 1.2.5 to 1.3.5 in Sakai 2.7

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Thu Jan 26 23:02:49 PST 2012

Hi Mike,

yes you can delete all and restart but this is more drastic than you
need to do. There will be a bit of load during a full index rebuild -
but should be non drastic. I would recommend:

1) Check the status of your journals, are there any in merge-prepare? If
so update them to match the others (probably 'committed' slightly
misspelled)
2) Remove the old node names in search_node_status

You then should see one of the nodes locking the first 200 journals and
starting the optimization operation. What you want to see is a steady
decrease in the number of items in search_journal till its > 100 and
then start to build up again till there are enough to optimize.  You
don't need to worry about the node id in the search_journal table - this
is only of historic interest once the node is written and will be
changed when the journal is locked for optimization.

Regards

David