[Building Sakai] ClassCastException AcademicSession

Widyananda Dhanny nanda_ceria at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 00:23:59 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm Nanda, from Indonesia.
I'm newbie in sakai development.

I'm using Sakai Course Management Integration in my custom tool.
But I have a problem with class cast in this API.

I try to iterate the list

        List<AcademicSession> listAcademicSession = courseService.getCurrentAcademicSessions();
        for (AcademicSession academicSession : listAcademicSession) {
            System.out.println("AcademicSession : "+academicSession);
        }

and I've got this error mesage :
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.AcademicSessionCmImpl cannot be cast to org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.AcademicSession
how to fix this error ?

many thanks,
Nanda