[Building Sakai] Rwiki jsmath & ie8

Colin Tatham colin.tatham at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 15:01:19 PST 2012

Hi all

What are people currently doing to integrate jsMath, suppress the red
warning, and have it work in IE8?

I'm currently using the method Steve set up
<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17249> which uses v3.6c, but
as Gonzalo pointed out in the Jira, you need to set the param in web.xml
to '/jsMath/jsMath.js' rather than '/jsMath/easy/load.js' in order for
the 3.6c version to work in IE8.

That's all fine, but when it comes to suppressing the red warning, I
think the best solution is to use (and possibly modify) /easy/load.js
rather than using CSS to hide it, but we're not using /easy/load.js ...

I see Denny also posted a potential solution:
"I found a hack to fix issues with IE7 and IE8. It needs to
jsMath.Autoload.ReCheck() after document load (see r91463)"

Anyone tried that and running it in production?

Any other thoughts?

(Another relevant thread about this:
<http://sakai-project-mail-list-archives.1343168.n2.nabble.com/Building-Sakai-Wiki-Message-with-JsMath-td3512164.html#a3526912>
)

Thanks

Colin

4/03/10 12:02 AM, Steve Swinsburg:

--
Colin Tatham
Educational Technologist | Learning Environments