[Building Sakai] No data in Academic term

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 12 08:37:11 PST 2012

I actually built such a tool years ago.  Sadly, the client for whom it
was created for declined to make it open source.  Generally, academic
terms are defined outside of Sakai and made available to it via a Course
Management provider extension.  For developers, it's easy enough to jump
in and run a query to create an generic term.

The following SQL can be used to create a generic, opened ended academic
term:

    insert into cm_academic_session_t values (null, 1, "admin", null,
    "admin", null, "open-ended", "Open Ended", "No start or end.", null,
    null, true);

This is generally enough for development purposes.

- Mark Norton