[Building Sakai] resources entity Broker development

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Jan 10 08:30:10 PST 2012

If you were dealing with uploading/downloading, you'd probably also want to
make sure that the solution can support range retrieval (KNL-216) for
downloads and possibly chunked encoding. Perhaps the the access servlet can
just be utilized for these tasks like it was for announcements. (SAK-20633)
It should at least stream it or be significantly limited on what can be
transmitted if it doesn't.

I know that Noah had some concerns about web services/SOAP [1] and it was
something that had to be fixed in the past in content (SAK-6306) and webdav
(SAK-10822).

Otherwise, I think the work Jim did looked more complete than any of the
others I've seen so far.

[1]
http://sakai-project-mail-list-archives.1343168.n2.nabble.com/Building-Sakai-using-SAKAI-framework-how-to-access-sakai-file-storage-area-and-file-upload-files-td7006978.html#a7008809