[Building Sakai] Sakai and Gmail Integration

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Feb 29 11:15:11 PST 2012

Yea, at a high level duffy at rsmart.com wrote a contrib tool that uses the
google docs api and implements ContentResource.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/rsmart/google-content/trunk/

For authentication only, you'll have either use the mod_open_id in Apache
as Kevin suggests ( http://www.unicon.net/node/1210 ) or you're going to
have to write an Openid provider for Sakai login in general. There was some
rumors of some schools writing in some OAuth support for Sakai (mostly for
mobile) but nothing committed, and I don't think anything that would work
like for this specifically.

The only thing you'd never get to work would be webdav as that protocol
*requires* passwords. The only way we'd get that to work would be is Sakai
created special temporary tokens/passwords for the users to use for webdav.

The google docs tool uses an OAuth specific to the tool, it's the primary
way Google (and most other sites) allow external sites to authenticate. [1]

https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn/rsmart/google-content/trunk/tool/src/java/com/rsmart/content/google/oauth/?root=contrib

[1] https://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth.html

-Matthew