[Building Sakai] Gradebook Entity Provider in 2.8

Gross,Christopher ufchrisg at ufl.edu
Wed Feb 22 15:30:17 PST 2012

Hello!

Does anyone else notice that the gradebook entity provider is not appearing in 2.8? Going to /direct/describe on a 2.8 instance of sakai shows the registered providers, and gradebook is not one of them. Doing the same on a 2.7 instance of sakai does show gradebook as a registered provider. I did not see anything in the 2.8 release notes that would suggest this should be expected. I ask this because assignment2 attempts to access it and, since it is not there in 2.8, returns a 501 (not implemented) error.  I see the bean definition in applicationContext.xml and do not see any errors in catalina.out – in fact, there is nothing appearing in catalina.out when I grep for "GradebookEntityProvider" whereas I see the init() and destroy() calls in the log for a 2.7 instance.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gross
University of Florida