[Building Sakai] Problems exporting and importing assessments

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 16 09:27:27 PST 2012

Hi Raul,

Please see my comments below:

> First bug:
>
> - The instructor creates a new assessment.
> - The instructor creates the first assessment's question which text has
> an image reference.
> - The instructor exports the assessment using the "content package" option.
> - The instructor try to import this assessment but it doesn't work and
> it is shown this message
> "There was an error importing this assignment. Ensure that the file is
> correctly formatted IMS QTI."
>
> We have found out that it doesn't work because the importing action try
> to find the image of the question's text inside the zip file but it
> isn't there.
>
> If the export is made using the QTI option then the import doesn't fail.

I cannot reproduce this issue. Can you please give me an example of your
text?

> Second bug:
>
> - The instructor creates a new assessment.
> - The instructor creates the first assessment's question with an
> attachment.
> - The instructor exports the assessment using the QTI option.
> - The instructor imports the assessment and it works fine but the
> assessment's question doesn't have its attachment. The question has lost
> its attachment.

This is the expected behavior.  If your assessment contains attachments,
please use Content Package. If you think the instruction is not clear
enough, please feel free to log a JIRA and we will see if we can add more
instruction.

Thanks,
Karen