[Building Sakai] assignment 2 and sakai 2.8 - HTTP error 501

Kaufmann,Melody-Ann J safire at ufl.edu
Wed Feb 15 06:46:56 PST 2012

Greetings all,

As we are working on pulling together a build of Sakai 2.8 for University of Florida, we encountered an unusual error that has us a bit stumped.

When a new Assignment is added through Assignment 2, when you reach the grading details section every time we select "this assignment is graded and is associated with a Gradebook item" if the "create a new Gradebook item" option is chosen and error pops up immediately.

The error is as follows:

HTTP Status 501 - Could not parse the incoming path (/gradebook/_/gradebookItem/fbab7719-bb6b-437c-b1a8-f54eb111fc60/) and no entity provider could be found to handle the prefix

A search of Jira and Google left us without an applicable solution.  We submitted Jira (ASNN-756) if anyone would like further details. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any advice or assistance would be more than welcome

Thanks
M.A.J Kaufmann
University of Florida
Sakai Development