[Building Sakai] LTI Producer

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 07:49:31 PST 2012

Does anybody know how the LTI producer works?

I'm trying to get the signup tool working in Moodle and it gives me
this: 'Not allowed to access tool'. When I actually think about what is
happening this makes sense in the case of site dependent tools. How does
the producer portlet interpret the roles passed in the launch request,
before it passes the request onto the tool? How does the portlet make
use of the context_id param? How is the target tool supposed to apply
permissions without prior configuration?

Is there anything special that needs doing before a tool is 'exportable'
through the LTI producer?

Any pointers well appreciated!

Cheers,
Adrian.