[Building Sakai] Sakai BigBlueButton Update

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 07:24:27 PST 2012

Hi All,

The Sakai BigBlueButton source code is now being maintained on Github at
https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/bigbluebutton-sakai. The historical
versions, tags etc will be retained  in the Sakai contrib area but
**will not be updated** from hereon.

Bug tracking will remain as it is at
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/BBB. At some point we'll hook JIRA
up to Github's git so we can tally tickets against commits.

The wiki will remain on Sakai confluence at
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BBB/Home.

Blindside Networks are effectively leading the project now, which is
fine by me. They've added recording and playback support to the tool
ready for BBB 0.8 and are frequently committing fixes and improvements
to the UI. I want to stay involved and am hoping to make sure that the
Sakai BBB tool leverages Sakai's current and emerging apis whereas the
actual meeting server touchpoints will be more sensibly handled by
Blindside, currently in the form of Jesus Federico.

If you don't give a stuff about Sakai BBB and have read this far, maybe
you should give it a try :)

Cheers,
Adrian.

--