[Building Sakai] Tool for Academic Advising?

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 04:41:28 PST 2012

The sin-up tool is great and the developers seem amenable to incorporating extensions.

You said

"It would also be great if appointments could sync with calendar applications, smart phones and etc. as well as send both confirmation and reminder notices to students about scheduled appointments via multiple channels, e-mail, text, social media.  Advisor appointments should sync with calendar applications like MS Outlook. "

We are working in this area as we speak. We are modifying the sign-up tool to email ical 'notifications' as people sign-up (or are signed up) or as events are updated / times are changed etc. These notifications are akin to the ones that are constructed when scheduling meetings using Exchange or the like.

We hope this work will be complete by May 2012.

adam