[Building Sakai] [sakai2-tcc] Getting rid of master as a submodule.

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 14:33:39 PST 2012

On 8 February 2012 22:21, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/02/2012, at 9:15 AM, Matthew Jones wrote:
>
> I believe the agreement was to use one combined base+master for whats left
> in the core, and a simplified (possibly one) pure-pom for all of the indies.
>
> I think this conversation happened off-list but nothing really ever happened
> (work-wise) from it though.
>

> Noah put in a superhuman effort here, and all of the trunk indies should now
> depend on the rejigged 'master', not purepoms, and the source modules
> depending on 'base'.

Ok, so for example profile2 now depends on master and not purepoms any
more. Is it advisable for fully indie releases (eg signup) to switch
back from purepoms to depending on master?

The SAK that relates to this is: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21564

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services