[Building Sakai] LessonBuilder - which source for Sakai 2.8.1?

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:05:58 PST 2012

Hedrick Charles wrote:

> 1.4.x is the version that's built with 2.9, so binaries are
> actually being built. However I'm not sure they'll work with
> 2.8, because of changes in dependencies, particularly
> FormattedText. At the moment everyone is building from
> source as far a I know.

Columbia is running 1.4 (pre-branch/ex-trunk) in 2.8.1+ and
Oracle 11. You can see our mSub branch here:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//msub/columbia.edu/courseworks/lessonbuilder/branches/trunk-1.4/

The commit logs are probably instructive for anyone building
in 2.8, especialy the pom changes in revs 100651 and 101198:

http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn/msub/columbia.edu/courseworks/lessonbuilder/branches/trunk-1.4/?view=log
http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=revision&revision=100651
http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=revision&revision=101198

One major difference from the current 1.4 branch is that we
are still using the 0.8-SNAPSHOT of RSF.

Seth