[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.8.1 and MySQL 5.5?

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Feb 7 09:41:05 PST 2012

MySQL 5.1 has received the testing and production installation to date. There were a few incompatibilities intentionally resolved, so things may work fine with 5.5, but I don't think we've done any formal QA -- just the initial work to allow the start of testing.

So, yes, I would say that 5.1 is the required version for now.

Thanks,
-Noah