[Building Sakai] OAuth in sakai 2.8, 2.9 etc...PS

csev csev at umich.edu
Fri Feb 3 16:23:11 PST 2012

I will slide the conversation back to the dev list since it is getting interesting :)   Devsters read from the bottom to catch up.

I am still not sure of the picture you are trying to paint here.

LTI does one simple thing and does it very well :)

It provides a single sign on so that every Sakai account (shib, internal, external- whatever)  is securely sent to an external tool using OAuth in a way that the external tool can trust that the user is who Sakai says they are.   It also sends stuff like their name, mail, course, and role.

So each tool needs to learn to receive the LTI (OAuth) launch and set up accounts.

There is no way in the current world for Sakai to accept a redirect or something like that and redirect back.

But such a thing could be built…   It is not the craziest idea ever.

The question is whether you want something about the course and the user's role or just a simple SSO where you get the user's name.

Hmmmm.

/Chuck