[Building Sakai] OAuth in sakai 2.8, 2.9 etc...

George Pipkin gpp8p at Virginia.EDU
Fri Feb 3 12:46:38 PST 2012

Hi -

    I am involved in a planning effort that is trying to understand how we
will link our sakai-based LMS to external applications such as
confluence, wordpress,
Google-based applications, Twitter, Facebook etc.  I see a good deal of
discussion
of OAuth for Sakai - mostly among the people working on Sakai3.  There's
even a
Jira out there to do it (KERN-807).  I understand from a comment made by
Ian Boston
that this will probably be based on Apache Amber.  My question concerns
whether
a similar facility is in the works for Sakai 2.8 and 2.9?  It will be
some time before
my institutions starts using Sakai3, but we will certainly be upgrading
to 2.8 this
Spring and probably 2.9 next Spring.  What OAuth facilities will be
available to us ?

                                         - George Pipkin
                                             U.Va.