[Building Sakai] Sakai Message tool, large delay between user action and sending emails to 900+ partcipants

Francois Campbell francois at opencollab.co.za
Tue Dec 18 04:35:16 PST 2012

Hi Bryan

msgcntr version : 2.8.3

Thank you for the link you provided. I just have a few questions regarding
this.

We are using sakai 2.8.2, in the link it indicates that these performance
improvements should already exist in 2.8.x.  Can you think of any reason
why the indexes would not have been created on first deploy. We have a few
2.8.2 installation which I have checked and the index was not created in
any of them.

The msgcntr tool is listed in the Sakai master pom.
The documentation does not make any mention of needing to run any
additional scripts.
So I am concerned that other indexes may also have failed to be created.