[Building Sakai] Samigo - get answers sql

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Wed Dec 5 08:51:22 PST 2012

I'm not sure what version you're using, or if the table structure/data
differ between versions, but here are the queries we use to get submissions
and answers:

How to find the submission details for a student in tests and quizzes

1) find the internal user id (sakai_user_id_map)

select * from sakaiadmin.sakai_user_id_map where eid = '<user_login>'

2) find the assessment id (sam_accesscontrol_t)

select * from sakaiadmin.sam_assessaccesscontrol_t where releaseto like
'%<site_title>%';

3) find the submission(s) for the user

select * from sakaiadmin.sam_publishedassessment_t pa,
sakaiadmin.sam_assessmentgrading_t ag
where pa.id = ag.publishedassessmentid
and pa.id = '<assessment_id_from_above>' and ag.agentid =
'<user_id_from_above>'

4) find the answer(s) for the user for that submission

select * from sakaiadmin.sam_itemgrading_t
where sakaiadmin.sam_itemgrading_t.assessmentgradingid =
'<assessmentgradingid_from_above_query>'

Brian Jones
Applications Development
Information Technology Services
Support Services Building, Room 4326