[Building Sakai] regarding sakai code import in eclipse

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Mon Aug 20 05:34:46 PDT 2012

I don't do any dependency management manually in eclipse and just
allow the maven plugin for eclipse to handle it for me. It works with
all the parts of Sakai I have worked on (and that is pretty much all
of Sakai) and many other maven based projects as well.

http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html

Check out the guide here:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Development+Environment+Setup+Walkthrough

Specifically this section:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Install+Maven+Eclipse+Plugin

I strongly suggest you do not run the "mvn eclipse" maven plugin and
that you do not attempt to manage the dependencies manually in eclipse
as these are both likely to result in failures and a lot of wasted
time.
-AZ