[Building Sakai] Sakai Course Management - Site participant list

Jaco Gillman jaco at opencollab.co.za
Fri Aug 17 08:56:04 PDT 2012

Hi All

We are running a Sakai 2.8.2 installation that has a customized Course
Management integration. I have created all the necessary Course Management
data and structure. We make use of a Web service client integration to the
external integration system.

Here follows the steps I use for our Course Management setup(File is
attached as well):

createAcademicSession
createCourseSets
createCanonicalCourses

createCourseOffering
addCourseOfferingsToCourseSets
createEnrollmentSets
createEnrollment
createSections

and then for each studentNum I use addOrUpdateSectionMembership.

After our batch Job is creating the Course Management structure, I created
the Course site, but no students shows up in the participant list (see
below)
[image: Inline images 1]

I debugged the Sakai (2.8.2) source to see why the participant list is
empty and here is how far I got:

SiteAction.getParticipantList (here is where this list is populated...)
providerCourseList = SiteParticipantHelper.getProviderCourseList(siteId);
 // this return an empty List (reason being "String id" is null)

inside SiteParticipantHelper.getProviderCourseList(siteId);
the following id is null:
String id = getExternalRealmId(siteId);

realm.getProviderGroupId();   // this returns null

This cause the "participants" variable to be empty:
Collection participants = SiteParticipantHelper.prepareParticipants(siteId,
providerCourseList);

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!

Regards,

*Jaco Gillman***

Java Developer

opencollab

*Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*:* *+27 21 914 3098**

*Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc

*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za