[Building Sakai] Problems with Resources tool after compilation

Simon McLeish simon.mcleish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:00:42 PDT 2012

Re-compiling just seems to cause more problems - although compilation (with
the same source code, java, tomcat, maven) terminated successfully, and
tomcat appears to restart, Sakai is unavailable and the tomcat logs contain:

2012-08-15 12:14:31,306 ERROR main
org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory - Failed to
preinstantiate the singleton named
org.sakaiproject.warehouse.service.ChildWarehouseTask.wizard.support.item.
Destroying all Spring beans.
bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.warehouse.service.ChildWarehouseTask.wizard.support.item'
defined in file
[/home/sjm62/apache-tomcat-5.5.35/components/osp-warehouse-component/WEB-INF/wizard-components.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference to bean '
org.sakaiproject.warehouse.service.PropertyAccess.id' while setting bean
property 'fields' with key [0]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean
named 'org.sakaiproject.warehouse.service.PropertyAccess.id' is defined

followed by a long error message and then

2012-08-15 12:14:31,309  INFO main
org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory - Destroying
singletons in
org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory at 193a83cc: defining
beans
[org.sakaiproject.accountvalidator.hibernate.AdditionalHibernateMappings,org.sakaiproject.accountvalidator.dao.impl.ValidationLogicDaoTarget,

(and a list of dozens more beans)

then

2012-08-15 12:14:31,311  INFO main
org.theospi.portfolio.matrix.model.impl.ScaffoldingEntityProducer -
destroy()
2012-08-15 12:14:33,913  INFO
org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsUpdateManagerImpl
org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.event.FileEventRegistry - init(): - loading
default event registry from:
org/sakaiproject/sitestats/config/toolEventsDef.xml. A custom one for
adding/removing events can be specified in sakai.properties with the
property:
toolEventsDefinitionFile at org.sakaiproject.sitestats.api.StatsManager
=${sakai.home}/toolEventsdef.xml.
2012-08-15 12:14:33,964  INFO
org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsUpdateManagerImpl
org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsUpdateManagerImpl - Context
information unavailable for event: org.theospi.template.revise (ignoring)

So I think I probably need to start over again from scratch.

Cheers,
Simon