[Building Sakai] Problems with Resources tool after compilation

Simon McLeish simon.mcleish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 06:52:52 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have two problems with the resources tool in the Sakai instance I have
set up by compiling the source code. I think they may be connected, but I
want to see if anyone can suggest a way to diagnose the issue causing
either of them.

a) The resources tool display has no form elements to allow for uploading,
or administering files. I've attached a screenshot to this email so it's
possible to see what's missing. The HTML source for the frame has no text
which would display the elements. You can also see that the graphics for
opening/closing subfolders are missing.

b) There is a link to upload multiple resources. But if I click on it and
follow the instructions for the gnome desktop, which I am using, I get the
error:

"Could not open location [correct path filled in]: Not a WebDAV-enabled
share"

I've also attached the relevant bits of the sakai.properties file, but they
don't seem to be helpful (not altered from the default).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,
Simon