[Building Sakai] tomcat 7/java 7

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Wed Aug 8 13:34:41 PDT 2012

I just finished getting our 2.8.x cle to build/startup on tomcat
7/java 7.  Mostly backporting 2.9 work and then fixing some stuff in
some contrib tools.  The one thing that concerns me is these little
gems:

dfForums.jsp (line: 39, column: 1)
/jsp/discussionForum/includes/dfAreaInclude.jsp (line: 108, column:
83) The JSP specification requires that an attribute name is preceded
by whitespace
    at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doGet(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:869)
caused by: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
/jsp/discussionForum/forumsOnly/dfForums.jsp (line: 39, column: 1)
/jsp/discussionForum/includes/dfAreaInclude.jsp (line: 108, column:
83) The JSP specification requires that an attribute name is preceded
by whitespace

I see 2.9 has some patches to fix those.  What I'm wondering has
anyone attempted a regex or some utility that might sniff those out,
if not I think I'm going to start looking into that.  As these little
gems are hard to find as you have to execute all the jsp pathways to
find them, and some always end up getting missed.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470