[Building Sakai] # of MOTD items to be displayed

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Aug 8 05:50:10 PDT 2012

The table is sakai_site_tool_property... you'll have to join it with
sakai_site_tool and make sure the tool ID is MOTD's ID and that it's a
workspace (site like like '~%').  If you find that it's the only tool
that sets the items = 1, then I guess you can make an assumption and
just update the count to where name = 'items' and value=1 (obviously
make sure this is true).  You will need to update your myworkspace
template with this new value as well: siteId = !user.  You can also
just update the template, then delete all the my workspace sites and
when the user logs into Sakai, their my workspace will be reloaded
based on that template.

-Bryan