[Building Sakai] basic lti admin tool

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Fri Aug 3 11:51:57 PDT 2012

Oh fantastic, one question so is there a way to hide the basic lti
config (private key, url, all the technical bits) from the instructor
or whoever is placing the tool via the site editor.  This is less of a
pressing requirement but just wondering.  Maybe there is a way to do
this already I'm just not aware of.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Zhen Qian <zqian at umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi, John:
>
> UMich has done some work in this area recently:
>
> BLTI-142 for refactoring the BasicLTI Admin tool interface;
> SAK-22108 for allow user to add lti tools through Site Info tool.
>
> In CTools, only the admin user can define new lti tool to the system via the
> BasicLTI Admin tool. We hide the "External Tools" link in Site Info.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Zhen
>
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM, John Bush <john.bush at rsmart.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can someone tell me if the work going on in the this tool allows for
>> managing basic lti configs in a way that avoids having to add new tool
>> reg files for everything basic lti tool you wish to integrate with?
>>
>> The idea being you could at runtime somehow create a basic lti config
>> for say wimba, and then publish, which would mean site creators could
>> simply pick up that tool for inclusion without having to know or muck
>> with basic config.
>>
>> We have an increasing need for this as I'm sure others do, but before
>> I start thinking about it, I want to make sure there isn't an effort
>> already going on to solve this problem.
>>
>> --
>> John Bush
>> 602-490-0470