[Building Sakai] Need help in finding the logic of how ID is generated

Patil, Tushar Tushar.Patil at Pearson.com
Wed Apr 25 01:18:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

We are doing performance testing in which one of the tools used is
JMeter to script the scenario; but we have an issue where the ID's (13
digit Numeric) in Postbacks recorded using Jmeter are different for
every browser session. We would like to know what is the logic on which
the IDs are generated:

Problem Statement:

Presence of ID's (13 digit Numeric) in Postbacks recorded using Jmeter.
These ID's seem to be different for every browser session initiated by
an end user. Generally the technique used for handling such conditions
are capturing these ID's from the Server Response and substituting in
downstream requests using variables.However our analysis of the the
'Instructor Led Assessment' use case seems to suggest that this specific
id is not available in the server response(s). My guess is this ID is
something that is being created at client side maybe using some logic
provided in client side scripts.

What's required:

In order for the Performance Team to create a JMeter script that would
simulate a browser session as realistically as possible, we would like
to understand how this ID gets generated and used in HTTP Requests
originating from the Browser. We would also like to understand what
impact sending an incorrect ID would have on the successful execution
(from a script perspective) of this use case.

Refer to the screen shot attached.

Thanks

Tushar

This email was sent by a company owned by Pearson plc, registered office at 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
Registered in England and Wales with company number 53723