[Building Sakai] Email Template Service open issues

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Tue Apr 24 01:32:41 PDT 2012

Hi Matthew,

On 04/24/2012 02:33 AM, Matthew Jones wrote:
> I'm just sending this out to see if anyone is planning on working on
> some of the higher priority email template service issues, it seems
> like this tool has problems in 2.8.x and 2.9.x.
>
> These are the open issues
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13278
> <https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13278>

been away from Sakai for a while but am geting some more Sakai time so
will start making headway - though help would be apreciated
> Some of this discussion was here:
> http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2011-September/014132.html
>

> Basically Steve mentioned 2 jiras that were fixed recently.
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20987
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20825
>
> However, in 2.8.1 and 2.9 it's still possible to create email
> templates with duplicate key + locale, it seems even unintentionally.
> Though it's only possible to get returned one of them (random? first?)
> from getEmailTemplate.
> (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21739) Mathieu mentioned
> seeing hundreds of duplicates, I've seen some servers with dozens.
> This really should be enforced and a database script provided to clean
> up "old" entries. It's even more of a problem as there's no way to
> delete entries from the UI
> (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19927) even if you could
> track down the bad ones, so they pile up until cleaned on the database.

This is a bug

> Another one I filed today is a difference between 2.8.x nightly and
> 2.9.x, and it's where many more templates are being created in 2.9
> with now with the "NULL" locale or a blank locale. There doesn't seem
> to be any "en" locales in 2.9. I suppose (SAK-20825) removed the
> requirement for any locale at all but what happens between a blank
> locale, a null locale and an en local template? Previously in 2.8 they
> were created with (I believe) the en locale. In the UI it just says
> "Locale"? https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22093.

This is by design - the system default should be that the systemt
default not en (even though it will generaly contain en strings).
matching resource loader resolution order:
  lang_region_varient
lang__region
lang
default

There was a bug introduced in 2.8 that the default templates had a
locale of en