[Building Sakai] assginments with turnitin fail to load on IE

Jeon,Sanghyun Seo euksa99 at ufl.edu
Mon Apr 23 07:23:47 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am wondering how Sakai Assignments tool is affected by Turnitin integration, (especially on IE).

I have one class with about 50 students. This class has one small assignment integrated with turnitin. IE 9 has failed to load this assignments when the assignments' status was "due" (i.e. when you clicked the "View Submissions" or the numbers under "In/New" tab,  the blank page was shown. Both Tomcat log and apache log threw no error, simply a blank web page) . With Zhen's help, I've tried to "download all" and IE generated an empty zip file. However, for this same course, Chrome successfully loaded all students' assignments with the same procedure (clicked "View Submissions", and all students' assignments were shown) and also generated a "download all" zip file without difficulty. Last Friday, all turnitin's results were back and the Assignments' status was changed from "due" to "Closed" and then finally  IE9 could load successfully the same assignment without difficulty.
>From this experience, I suspect that Turnitin might affect IE's loading issue of the Assignments Tool--- if I am wrong, please correct me.

When IE had a trouble to load this specific course, the same IE still could load other assignments (even much larger courses with more assignments and more students)without Turnitin with the same setting and permissions.

Any advice and suggestion is welcome.

Sanghyun Jeon