[Building Sakai] Chat tool and Preference tool Error!

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:08:38 PDT 2012

Hi Hai,

It's in the release notes:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.8+release+notes

Certain JSF tools (chat, portfolios, test & quizzes) do not compile properly in Java 1.6. The workaround requires adding the system property allowArraySyntax in order to avoid deserialization bottlenecks in arrays. Second, Tomcat 5.5.27+ enforces strict quote escaping, a change in *.jsp handling that has yet to be addressed in certain tools

cheers,
Steve