[Building Sakai] need help of sakai installation on 64 bit OS

Jehan Badshah jehan.badshah at nu.edu.pk
Fri Apr 6 03:27:30 PDT 2012

Yap

Thanks it works fine, what is your JAVA_OPTS ?

we have a machine with 16GB RAM, on which we have installed VMware
workstation, currently 4 VM are running on that server in cluster,

 could you please suggest me how to set JAVA_OPTS so that tomcat utilize
maximum java memory ?

currently following is
JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-XX:NewSize=192m -XX:MaxNewSize=384m -Djava.awt.headless=true
-Dhttp.agent=Sakai
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false
-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true