[Building Sakai] Using gradebook in a project

Alexander Bell abell at turnitin.com
Wed Apr 4 09:33:17 PDT 2012

I've been looking into this for a bit but I could use some pointers from
someone who's implemented something similar already.

I want to make use of Sakai's gradebook in the Turnitin content review
module, where I would read the grades of users returned from Turnitin
and add them to 'x' user's entry in the sakai gradebook.
Coming from Blackboard development I would just use Blackboard's methods
to load a score object for a user and persist a grade to it. But looking
at Sakai I'm not sure whether I can do this using tools in
sakai-gradebook-service-impl or if I have to implement something with
sakai-gradebook-service-api. I haven't been able to find much in the way
of documentation for using this. Is there a place you guys could recommend?

cheers