[Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] Recently encountered issues in Sakai 2.8

Ziegler, Jeff ziegler at umich.edu
Tue Sep 27 05:37:11 PDT 2011

Yeah, IIRC, the big problem with Safari was that it didn't render the toolbar in the ubiquitous FCK editor.  These days I see no more browser-related issues with Safari than for any other mainstream browser.  We support Safari "unofficially", because it's not "officially" tested against.

The question of which browsers we officially support has been a topic of interest here at UMIch, lately.  Should we support the browsers most used by our users or continue to default to what's actually tested against?

Jeff