[Building Sakai] Sakai email notifications

Jaco Gillman jaco at psybergate.co.za
Mon Sep 19 00:10:32 PDT 2011

Hi All

I would like to filter the email notification recipient list when sites send
out notifications (Any and all sites sending any and all notifications) when
certain functionality is performed. We created a helpdesk user role that we
add to sites, but we do not want this user to receive any email
notifications of any sort (only if the user has another role that the
helpdesk role, will he still receive notifications).

During my investigation of where emails are being send in Sakai I came
across the EmailService which resides in the Kernel.  I also came across
SiteEmailNotification. getRecipients. Are these the entry point for email
sending in Sakai?

I do not know all the functions in Sakai that causes an email to be send. I
am going to debug some of the known funtions and see if all these you the
same entry point for email sending.

Thanks

Jaco Gillman
Psybergate Cape Town