[Building Sakai] Insert UI variant in JSF or in Java file

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Sep 14 06:23:16 PDT 2011

They both sound pretty reasonable to me but I suppose I would lean
towards the "if-then" in the original file since I think that is less
likely to surprise people when they go to change things. In other
words, 2 files can get out of sync pretty easily, while a single file
would be less likely to have this problem (the 2 sections could still
get out of sync).

Did you consider a CSS solution where you simply apply different CSS
styles? It may be possible to rework the structure so that it is just
a matter of changing the CSS class and maybe showing some different
instructions. I defer to the CSS experts on that though.

Sounds like a helpful contribution either way.
:-)
-AZ