[Building Sakai] Insert UI variant in JSF or in Java file

Thomas Lampert Thomas.Lampert at mci.edu
Wed Sep 14 04:45:59 PDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm rather new to the Sakai project so I have a question concerning design of development:

The preference-tool display doesnt offer enough space for our course titles which forced me to redesign the side-by-side lists into a top-to-bottom display.
I want to get access to the side-by-side display quickly by just activating a single flag in sakai.properties, and now comes the specific point of my question:

Do I embed my code in the UserPrefsTool.java where i redirect the "m_tabOutcome" to my adapted tabs-more-dhtml.jsp (results in a third .jsp file besides the already existing)
or
do I just expand the tabs-more-dhtml.jsp where I let a condition decide (jstl, c:choose) which one of the designs should be displayed. (results in importing and using jstl code what wasnt needed before in this file)

I already coded both solutions but I dont know which solution makes more sense.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Lampert

DIE UNTERNEHMERISCHE HOCHSCHULE®
MCI MANAGEMENT CENTER INNSBRUCK

Thomas Lampert

Softwareentwickler
IT-Services & Learning Solutions

Universitätsstraße 15, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Tel: +43 512 2070-1412, Fax: -1499
mailto:thomas.lampert at mci.edu, www.mci.edu

WIR BEGLEITEN MOTIVIERTE MENSCHEN.

MCI Management Center Innsbruck - Internationale Hochschule GmbH
FN 153700f LG Innsbruck  |  UID ATU43480005